Resource Detailed View
Long-term archiving of data related to the Earth's ionised environment, from either space or ground-based facilities.
• A centre for the long-term archiving of data related to the Earth's ionised environment, from either space or
ground-based facilities, in a form which is easy to use, together with all the documentation required to
understand and use this data for scientific analysis.
• In particular, the centre has archived data from the Ulysses-URAP (Unified Radio and Plasma) experiment.
• The data centre is developing generic analysis tools which will be available in the near future.
• Other analysis tools, more flexible but requiring greater manual intervention, are also under development.
• Some data sets from the Cassini mission may be archived at CDPP. If not, the CDPP will have access to the
Cassini plasma data within the framework of the SPASE (Space Physics Analysis And Extract) initiative
(see http://www.igpp.ucla.edu/spase/ )
The data archived is calibrated and in physical units, and ready for scientific use. It is planned that CDPP will offer sophisticated treatment and analysis tools (AMDA), and higher level data products.
Active. Data is continuously being added from missions (e.g., Ulysses, WIND, Cluster) which are still operational, and plans are being prepared for missions to be launched soon.